- This event has passed.
Animal Flow Mentorship Costa Rica 2021
November 27, 2021 - December 4, 2021
We are really excited to be back with the Animal Flow Mentorship Week! Join Mike Fitch, Creator of Animal Flow, for a full week of immersive learning all about enhancing and implementing your AF skills. The packed agenda mixes science lectures, movement sessions, practical workshops, tons of Flow practice, epic adventures and awesome social activities.
We’ll be at the incredible Bodhi Tree Resort in Costa Rica, for our most luxurious mentorship yet. (This is the event originally scheduled for November 2020, but postponed due to COVID-19).
Please review the special terms related to COVID-19 precautions, cancellation/refund policies, and travel insurance, which are all detailed below. You will be required to sign the Agreement and Waiver in order to participate for the event. We ask you to pay particular attention to the COVID-19 requirements regarding entry to Costa Rica; negative test or vaccination status; and compliance with mask requirements. We hope that by making the requirements clear in advance of the event, we can all arrive at the Mentorship prepared to have a fun, productive, and healthy week without any disagreements or confrontations over COVID-19 issues.
The packed agenda includes:
- Movement science lectures and interactive workshops;
- Individual practice at your own skill level;
- Group flow design;
- Hand balancing practice;
- New bonus moves;
- Business advice for AF Instructors;
- Social media and branding;
- Photography & video for AF;
- Creating and filming an Epic Flow;
- Bonding with new friends to last a lifetime;
- Awesome excursions and adventures around Nosara, including zip lining in the jungle tree tops, and surfing and/or stand up paddle boarding on the world-renown beach.
Check out the final “Epic Flows” we created at the past three Mentorships:
THE LEADERSHIP TEAM
Animal Flow Mentorship Week is an incredible opportunity to spend a lot of qualify time not only with AF Creator Mike Fitch, but also with numerous members of the AF Master Instructor and Leadership team. The global team brings a ton of diverse experience in movement science, multi-disciplinary practices, specializations, and business practices.
Leaders for the Costa Rica Mentorship will include:
- Mike Fitch, Animal Flow Creator
- Chris “Flo” Flores, Master Instructor, USA
- Roshan Chopra, Master Instructor, Canada
- Miro Basciuk, Master Instructor, Poland
- Karen Mahar, Chief Operating Officer
The Mentorship is open to anyone who has taken the Level 1 workshop. You are not required to have completed your Level 1 certification test, although it is recommended that you do so prior to the event (if you are eligible to become certified).
Don’t worry if you are coming by yourself – most attendees are also coming by themselves. You can expect to make life-long friends from around the world at the Mentorship!
The world class Bodhi Tree Resort is located in Nosara, Costa Rica, where the salt of the ocean meets the tranquility of the jungle. The resort was creatively designed around nature, leaving the surrounding jungle as it was meant to be. Over eight acres of landscaped gardens with exotic flowers, 100-year-old Guanacaste and Pochote trees, waterfalls and gentle streams that inspire meditation and reflection. Whenever you wander through the grounds, the sounds of the waterfalls will follow you and quaint sculptures and statues will surprise you at every turn. Pristine beaches, spectacular sunsets and gentle waves and the most consistent surf breaks of the pacific coast are just a short walk away on a jungle path.
Amenities include two salt water pools located on the property, a juice bar, and a spa with jungle and ocean views.
Six exquisite shalas, all with smooth, cool wooden floors and state of the art sound systems, will host our flow practices.
Choose from a variety of accommodation types, including private single rooms; shared double and triple rooms; and two-bedroom casitas. The modern Balinese-furnished bungalow-style lodging all include luxurious bathrooms, dramatic high ceilings with fans, air conditioning, free WiFi, Raw Botanical toiletries, Egyptian cotton sheets, linen service, private open-air rainfall showers, and outdoor seating areas.
Most rooms provide for shared accommodations with a maximum of 2 or 3 people. If you plan to attend with another Flowist and would like to share a room, let us know. If you are coming by yourself but would like to share a room, we can pair you up with someone else.
Check out the details of each room type to decide which option is best for you:
Three daily buffet meals are included with your registration package. Bodhi offers an array of hot and refreshing cold soups; an excellent buffet of veggies and salads; and organic chicken, fish and vegan options. They can also cater to any palette as a personalized service to suit all your special dietary needs.
A full service bar is open from 2pm to 10pm and offers a variety of local and international spirits, organic wines and artisanal beers (for purchase).
The nearest international airport is Liberia, at an approximate 2.5 hours drive away. San Jose airport is approximately a 5 hour drive. You can rent a car at either location if you wish to drive yourself (and potentially spend some extra days in Costa Rica along way). Or, you can book transport to and/or from Liberia airport through the Bodhi Tree Resort.
We'll provide you with the contact information for the resort if you want to book your local transport through them. They will group people together according to the time your plane lands or departs. The one-way cost for a car with 1 to 4 people is $150, which would be split amongst the people in the car. A group of 5 or more will be charged $40 per person. If you are landing during "normal" hours between 9am and 2pm, you are most likely to be grouped with others to save costs. If you arrive very early in the morning, we'll suggest you wait to share your ride with others. If you arrive very late, you may need to ride by yourself. Note that we will have the Facebook group for attendees, where people can share information about flights and plan to share rides.
This page provides additional information on requirements from the Costa Rica government regarding visas, COVID-19 travel insurance, and other information: Costa Rica Entry Requirements
All prices are per person and are in USD. Early bird pricing is valid until July 31.
|Room||Type||Beds||Cost Per Person||Early Bird|
|Treetop Queen Room||Private||1 Queen Bed||$2900||$2700|
|Casita||Semi-Private||2 Bedrooms, 1 Queen Each||$3000||$2800|
|Villa King||Private for Couple||1 King Bed||$2900||$2700|
|Bungalow Queen||Shared||2 Queen Beds||$2800||$2600|
|Jungle Room||Shared||2 Queen Beds||$2500||$2300|
|Dorm Triple||Shared||3 Single Beds||$2200||$2000|
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
What is included?
- 7 nights luxury lodging
- 3 daily buffet meals, including options with fish, chicken, vegetarian, vegan, or special dietary restrictions
- Full Mentorship course
- One-of-a-kind Animal Flow shirt created just for this event
What is NOT included in the price?
- Travel to and from the venue (see "Getting There" section above)
- Optional activities, including zip lining, surfing, and/or stand-up paddle boarding
- Spa treatments
- Alcohol, smoothies, special drinks, and other on-site purchases
- Costa Rica Travel Insurance (required for entry to Costa Rica)
- COVID-19 test, if required
We are making every effort to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. We understand that many individuals have strong opinions regarding wearing masks, getting vaccinations, and other COVID-10 related issues. In an effort to provide an event atmosphere that is happy and healthy for everybody, we are providing this information regarding COVID-19 precautions and requirements in advance of the event. If you feel that any of these requirements are too restrictive for you and you would not be willing or able to comply; or that they are not restrictive enough and you would not feel comfortable, then we recommend you wait for a future retreat when these measures are not necessary.
In developing these requirements, we have tried to strike a balance between keeping attendees safe and also comfortable; and to comply with the requirements of the country of Costa Rica and our host venue. We will be guests in Costa Rica and at the Bodhi Resort, and we have a duty to respect their standards and to avoid putting their residents and staff at risk. We don't want to engage in actions that would damage our reputation or ability to host future events.
Many of the areas we will be spending time in are outdoor facilities, and/or maximize outdoor air flow. However, we also recognize that participants may be sharing rooms, living in close quarters for a full week. Thus we will require either a negative COVID-19 test or vaccination document to participate. We will only require wearing masks where the venue explicitly requires it.
By clarifying all of these requirements ahead of time, we hope that we can all arrive at the venue with a shared understanding of the COVID-19 requirements, and can then proceed with our event without any disagreements or arguments. We know that some people will be vaccinated and some will not, and that many people will have strong, different opinions. In order to create and hold a positive, enjoyable atmosphere for the whole week, we hope we can avoid having to discuss COVID-19 at all.
All participants are required to sign the Agreement and Waiver acknowledging all of the requirements upon registration. Please read and review this detailed document HERE:
Some of the key points included in this document are:
- You must comply with all requirements of the Costa Rica government. This includes attaining the COVID-19 travel insurance required by Costa Rica, as well as any other measures they put in place.
- You must comply with all requirements of the venue. This may include wearing masks in common areas. While we do not anticipate having to wear masks in our Flow practice areas, the venue currently requires masks in all common areas. We will NOT require mask wearing above and beyond the venue requirements.
- We will require all participants to present one of two options: proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test conducted within last 72 hours; or full COVID-19 vaccination. We are not requiring that you be vaccinated, but would need the negative COVID test in lieu of vaccination. We will not ask vaccinated people to share a room with non-vaccinated people (unless you ask to share a room).
- All of the Animal Flow staff leading or teaching at the event will be fully vaccinated.
- You need to attain your own Travel Insurance to cover cancellation for personal emergencies or COVID-19 related events
- We will not ask vaccinated individuals to share a room with unvaccinated individuals, unless you tell us this does not matter to you. We will let you know if we are having trouble matching up suitable roommates.
- We will arrange for COVID-19 testing to take place on-site at the venue for individuals who require a test in order to return home.
Space for the Mentorship is limited to only 30 attendees. We maintain a strict cancellation policy for the Mentorship, as the event requires extensive planning and it is difficult to fill spaces for an international trip at the last minute. You are required to attain your own travel insurance to cover most instances of cancellation.
Refunds will be provided according to this schedule. As noted here, if we are able to fill your spot after the cancellation deadline(s), we would then issue you a refund covering most of your payment.
- Cancel by July 28 (4 months prior to event): Full refund minus $75 processing fees.
- Cancel between July 29 and September 28: 50% refund. However, if we are able to fill your spot, we will provide a 95% refund.
- Cancel on September 29 or later: 0% refund. However, if we are able to fill your spot, we will provide a 90% refund.
This schedule applies to your cancellation for any reason, including but not limited to injury or medical issues; family emergencies including death; cancellation or changes to your flights; changes to international travel permission or border restrictions due to COVID-19 or any other reason; and/or any other personal emergency.If we are still holding the retreat, we will not provide a refund beyond the schedule described above, even if your reason for not attending is beyond your control.
For this reason, we require you to attain appropriate travel insurance that covers your travel and registration costs. We will not ask for proof of insurance, but by signing this document you indicate you understand the requirement and the refund policy.
If the venue requires us to postpone the event until a future date, we will automatically transfer you to the new date. We will attempt to find a date that is suitable for most people. If you cannot attend the new date, you may need to seek reimbursement from insurance company. We will work with individuals to find best solutions, but cannot guarantee that every person would be refunded the full amount. We therefore may direct you to your travel insurance company under some circumstances.
If our company, Global Bodyweight Training, LLC (owner of the Animal Flow brand) cancels the retreat, we will offer you a credit for a future event, or a full refund.
We reserve the right to change the participation of any of the Master Instructors listed as attending in the promotions for the event.
You can find the full details on Cancellation and Refund in the Agreement and Waiver document you will be asked to sign when you register:
The other option for a couple is the King Villa, which has a cost of $5800 for a couple ($5400 early bird rate). The Villa is already reserved for a couple and thus already includes a discounted couple rate.