Level 1 Review and Test Out Session with Mike Fitch
Have you taken the Animal Flow Level 1 Workshop, but haven’t been able to get your Test Out submitted? Here is your chance to attend a thorough review session and then complete your test out right then. It is all done on-line, you don’t need to submit and videos, and you’ll get immediate feedback on any areas that need improvement.
This Review and Test Out session will be taught by Animal Flow Creator Mike Fitch. He will spend the first 2.5 hours of the session leading everyone in a review of the L1 movements. The remaining 90 minutes will be dedicated to completing the coaching/flow portion of your test out.
We understand that after taking your L1 workshop, life can get busy, and your practice may have needed to take a back seat. We also appreciate that it’s easy to lose confidence when it has been some time since you were able to work on the movements covered in the workshop. Whether it’s been a while and you need a refresher on the technique details, or you just don’t have time to shoot the required videos, or you just think this sounds like more fun – this session is meant to help rekindle your passion for Animal Flow and help you get certified.
This session is 4 hours long, including 2.5 hours of review, followed by the flow portion the test out.
It starts at 9am US Eastern Time (New York Time). Please check your time zone!
The session will NOT be recorded. You will need to attend live.
- 9:00am – 11:30am (Eastern Time): You will review all of the L1 movements covered in the workshop. Mike will demonstrate each movement, reviewing the key points and common errors. Then all participants will perform several rounds together so that Mike can confirm everyone is performing correctly. He’ll note any errors, and may ask some people to make corrections. Completion of this portion of the sessions counts as passing Part 1 of your test out.
- 11:30am – 11:45am: Break
- 11:45am – 1:00pm: You will complete Part 2 of the Test Out
- If you are testing out to become a Certified Animal Flow Instructor, you must coach someone else through a 90 second flow that you have designed. We will pair you up with someone else, and pin your screens on zoom so that Mike can watch you both. You’ll receive immediate feedback, and will have opportunity to make corrections and retry if needed.
- If you are testing out to become an Official Flowist (this is our new title for non-professionals who demonstrate proficiency in the AF system, replacing the old name of Certified Specialist), then you will NOT coach someone else. Instead, you will perform a 90-second Flow that you have designed, calling it out as you go along.
- Depending upon the number of people signed up for the session, we may break Part 2 into break-out groups, and have additional Master Instructors assigned to review your Flow tests. This way we can ensure that it doesn’t take more than an hour to get through everybody’s tests.
Registration for this event is $125.00 USD.
If you are late on submitting your Test Out, participating in this session waives the late fees. You will NOT be required to pay late fees, or required to resit the workshop.
You must do two things before attending the event:
- Complete your Test Out Submission form. This is now submitted via a Google Doc form. You will receive the link for the Google Doc form in your registration confirmation email. The Test Out Submission form asks you for your name, your fitness credentials (and whether you are testing out to be a Certified AF Instructor, or an Official Flowist), proof that you completed the online quiz, and your photo for the social media announcement. We need this form BEFORE the test out session so that we can confirm whether your documentation is complete.
- Design the 90 second Flow that you will use in Part of the test. If you are testing to become a Certified AF Instructor, this is the Flow where you will coach someone else (we will pair you up during the test out). If you are testing to become an Official Flowist, this is the Flow where you will perform itself. Make sure you’ve designed the Flow, and run through it to make sure it is at least 90 second and less than 120 seconds. You don’t want to be trying to make it up in the middle of the test session. Remember to keep it simple and use only L1 movements!
After attending and passing both parts of the Live Test Out, you’ll be sent the follow up information to sign your Instructor’s Agreement. You will then be eligible to upload your listing to the Certified AF Instructor directory on our website. We will also send you your certificate, and make the announcement on social media.
WHY TAKE THIS SESSION?
Participating in this session, or any live test out session, is optional. You always have the option of going through the regular test out process by submitting your test on video, at no additional cost to you (unless you owe late fees due to very late submission.
We offer these Review Session options as a way to offer additional support and guidance to people who are struggling with details on technique or who don’t have the time to make the videos. These sessions also offer the benefit of helping you stay up to date with the latest approaches for performing and coaching the L1 Animal Flow movements, which is especially important if it’s been some time since you took your workshop.