- This event has passed.
Animal Flow Level 1 NYC (Mar)
March 5 - March 6
Join us for the Animal Flow® Level 1 Workshop in New York, NY, on March 5-6, 2022. The two-day event is six and a half hours each day, on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4:30pm. The event will take place at Pearl Studios in NYC. This workshop will be taught in English, by Master Instructor Chris Flores. All participants must show a Vaccine Card in order to enter the property on the day of the workshop. For proof of vaccination, the vaccine card or a photo of the card on a phone, or the Excelsior pass are all acceptable forms of proof.
L1 is an intensive two-day workshop (13 hours total) where you’ll learn all 30 Level 1 moves, including regressions, progressions, and variations for all skill levels. You’ll explore how and when to use each movement individually, as well as how to link them together into flows of your own design.
The workshop is open to fitness professionals and non-professionals, as we welcome everyone interested in becoming a better mover. Fitness professionals are eligible to become Certified AF Instructors, who are allowed to teach AF in personal training, group fitness classes, or other fitness programs. Becoming certified requires completing the test process after the workshop. Non-professionals all welcome to take the course for their own benefit, but are not authorized to teach it without first attaining an appropriate fitness credential. You can find the details on the certification process and benefits HERE.
About the Course
You’ll cover all 6 components of Animal Flow, including the Traveling Forms (the “ABCs” of animal movements); Switches and Transitions; Wrist Mobility; Activations; Form Specific Stretches, and, of course, Flows.
The workshop starts with base positions, which systematically build in difficulty and complexity over the two days. Movements are taught within the context of scientifically-based concepts relevant to anyone working in health and fitness industries. By the end of the second day, the entire class will be performing a sequence known as the Beast flow which integrates a large majority of the movements from the workshop. This becomes a structure from which they may begin their own creative practice.
Find more details about the Level 1 Workshop here, including the specific movements covered in the workshop, the course objectives, and the test-out process.
Your registration includes:
- Complimentary access the full library of instructional videos for all Level 1 movements
- Hard copy of the new Student Manual
- Access to the private AF Instructors Facebook group.
- Access to Mike Fitch’s tutorial series reviewing the Call Out language used in AF
- Certificate of Completion, including proof of participation for Continuing Education credits.
The workshop is open to persons of all skill levels. You should be physically fit enough to support your own bodyweight in quadrupedal position and be medically cleared to participate in physical activities. Attendees must be at least 18 years old.
Upon registration, you will receive access to a welcome video, the Level 1 tutorials, and other pre-workshop information.
Continuing Education Credits
The Level 1 course is approved to provide continuing education credits from: American Council on Exercise (ACE) 1.1 CEUs; National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) 1.1 CEUs; Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) 11 CEUs; International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) 13 CECs; UAE REPs 13 CPDs.
Who and Where:
This workshop will be taught by Animal Flow Master Instructor Chris Flores.
The event will be hosted at Pearl Studios in NYC.
All participants must show either a Negative Covid-19 test done within 72 hours of the workshop or Vaccine Card in order to enter the property on the day of the workshop. For proof of vaccination, the vaccine card or a photo of the card on a phone, or the Excelsior pass are all acceptable forms of proof.
Cost and Payment Plan Options:
- Regular cost for the Level 1 Workshop is $595 USD. If you are paying in a foreign currency, the conversion is done automatically at checkout.
- Payment plans available: You can register with a 50% deposit. Payment plan option available until February 12th. All balances are due 2 weeks prior to the workshop, by February 19th. Note that we do not collect credit card information and thus cannot automatically rebill you; you will need to click on the balance payment email to make the second payment.
Venue Covid-19 Protocol:
- COVID-19 PROTOCOL
For the safety of our staff and guests, Nex Gen Studios is following Covid-19 protocol:
• Upon arrival each guest ages 5 and up will need to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, with an appropriate ID matching the name on their documentation.
• Proof of vaccination may include:
NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS
CDC Vaccination Card (or photo)
NYC Vaccination Record
An official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S
• If you received the vaccine outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record that includes:
First name and last name
Date of birth
Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the WHO are acceptable) Date(s) administered
Site where the vaccine was administered, or name of the person who
• Proof of vaccination will be checked by a member or our front desk staff before entry into the business.
• Our staff is fully vaccinated pursuant to CDC guidelines.
• MERV 13 equivalent filters have been installed on our AC units and our air exchange rate exceeds 7 times an hour in all studios and common areas.
• Face coverings must be worn and social distancing will be required for guests moving through our hallways and common areas.
• Hand sanitizer is available and we encourage frequent washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
We plan to hold this workshop in-person on the scheduled date. However, we must also be prepared to react to changes in circumstances due to COVID-19. It is possible that a workshop may have to be rescheduled if government regulations require closing of venues or other restrictions, and/or restrict travel in a way that makes the workshop impossible to hold. If a workshop is postponed due to COVID or other unforeseen circumstances, you will be offered the option to transfer to the future workshop or to take the workshop online. If you are absolutely unable to transfer to one of the future options, you can request a refund. If a workshop must be postponed due to circumstances beyond our control (such as COVID-19 restrictions), we are not responsible for any travel or other costs you may have already incurred. If you plan to travel to attend a workshop, we suggest obtaining travel insurance.
If a workshop remains scheduled to take place, but you are unable to attend due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, or due to infection or exposure, you can transfer the full value of your registration payment to a future workshop. If you request a refund in lieu of transfer to a future workshop, the following terms apply: If there are more than 30 days to workshop, 100% of registration minus $20 processing fees provided; if there are 14-30 days to workshop, a $50 cancellation fee is applied; less than 14 days to workshop a $100 cancellation fee is applied.
We understand that many unforeseen circumstances can occur, particularly when COVID-19 is involved. That is why we offer to transfer 100% of your payment to another workshop. However, if you must receive a cash refund instead, we need to apply the referenced processing fees in order to cover the costs we cannot recover for canceled registrations.